Up to $250
Graduate students at UMBC may receive $250 in grant funding to support professional development. The Professional Development Grant (PD&WTG) details are as follows:
The PD&WTG will cover travel to interviews supported by approval of your advisor
The PD&WTG will cover equipment and research methods training
The PD&WTGrant does not cover: Professional memberships or for-credit courses
Maximum limits per degree and year remain
Students must …
- Be enrolled at UMBC and paying graduate fees for the semester that funds are requested
- Be in a graduate program in good standing with GSA
- If in a combined program, have a bachelor’s degree or equivalent
- Be in good academic standing
- Be in compliance with GSA procedures for submitting grants
- PD&WT grant applications must be submitted at least two weeks prior to departure.
- When submitting your application you must include a copy of your unofficial transcript to prove you are a fee-paying student for the current semester.
- You must also include either a letter of acceptance if you are presenting or a flyer for the conference if you are just attending.
- All applications must be approved and signed by your advisor. We will also accept an e-mail from their UMBC account.
3. Submit a Grant
You may complete the online application form here.
You may obtain a copy of your unofficial transcript by following these directions.