Professional Development & Workshop Training Grant
Up to $250
Graduate students at UMBC may receive $250 in grant funding to support professional development. The Professional Development Grant (PD&WTG) details are as follows:
- The PD&WTG will cover travel to interviews and internships supported by approval of your advisor
- The PD&WTG will cover equipment and research methods training
- Limit/semester: $250
- The PD&WT Grant does not cover: Professional memberships or for-credit courses
- Maximum limits per degree and year remain
Up to $500 for oral/poster presentation at a conference.
Up to $250 for attending a conference
TRAVEL RESEARCH GRANT
Up to $1000 for research travel
Up to $1000 for research costs, i.e., participant incentive/compensation, tools, software, etc.
Click here to submit expense statement
One of the primary goals of the Graduate Student Association is to encourage and support graduate student research. Therefore, GSA provides different types of grants for graduate students to aid in their pursuit of academic achievement:
NOTE: Students are allotted a maximum of $1000 in funding per academic year.
- Doctoral students receive a total of $2500 in funding
- MFA student receive a total of $2000 in funding
- Master’s students receive $1500 in fundingTravel Grants: If a graduate student is traveling to a conference, symposium, congress, workshop, session, meeting, round table discussion or other type of academic forum they may apply for a travel grant. Travel grants are typically approved either for up to $500.00 if a student is presenting work at the conference or up to $250.00 if only attending.
- Travel Research/Research Grants: Students are encouraged to apply for GSA research grants to pay for expenses that they incur while working on their theses, dissertations or various research projects.
This includes travel for data collection. Typically a student is approved to be reimbursed up to $1,000.00.