Graduate Housing Options

UMBC On-Campus Housing

On-campus housing is available on a limited- basis (first come, first serve) to graduate students in the Walker Avenue Apartments. While we attempt to house graduate students with other graduate students, there is the possibility of sharing an apartment with an undergraduate. Accommodations are available in both residence halls and apartments for students with documented special needs. Students with questions also may contact the Residential Life office.

To qualify for residency at Walker Avenue Apartments, students need to be in good standing at University of Maryland, Baltimore County for the entire term of the license. Undergraduate students are required to have 39 credits recognized by UMBC prior to applying at Walker Avenue.  All residents must be enrolled full time at UMBC. Graduate students must be enrolled in at least 9 credits.  Any outstanding balances with Walker Ave Apartments or UMBC must be below $250, or a financial hold will be placed on the student’s account and they will not be able to participate in the application process. More information about the Walker Avenue Apartments can be found here.


Off-Campus Housing

If you need help finding off-campus housing, please check out resources available through Off-Campus Student Services (OCSS). OCSS provides a housing listing service and roommate finder at no charge for the UMBC campus community. If you have transportation needs, many local apartments and housing complexes have been matched with UMBC Transit’s shuttle lines for your convenience. OCSS has information to help you learn about signing leases, creating productive landlord/tenant relationships, and other technical topics such as local housing policies.

Click here to view off-campus housing listings or to list your own.